1. To development of technical education, the Directorate of which is situated at Kanpur, had been separated from the department of industries and established as an independent department.
2. Board of technical education located at Lucknow had been established in 1962 for affiliation and conducting examination of Diploma level.
3. Joint entrance examination council situated at Lucknow had been established in 1985 for conducting the entrance examination for admission in diploma level institutes.
4. Institute of research, development and training situated at Kanpur had been established in 1984 for development of curriculum and staff training.
5. Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology for Handicapped, Kanpur is the only Diploma level institute for handicapped children in North India.
6. 52 Government Polytechnic are under construction. In which 34 polytechnics are aided by Central Govt., 12 polytechnics are in S.C.P.C., 03 Polytechnics are for SC populated districts and 03 are in nexalites area.
7. There are 18 girls polytechics having intake capacity of 4485.
8. There are 17 polytechics establishing in 15 district aided by Central Govt. under Multi Sectorail Development Plan.